- 1 A blessed person does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly,
- nor stand in the sinners' track,
- nor sit in the seat of the scornful.
- 2 But Adonai's law is his delight;
- and he meditates in his law day and night.
- 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
- that brings forth fruit in its season;
- also his leaf shall not wither;
- and whatever he does shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not like this:
- but like chaff which the wind drives away.
- 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
- nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- 6 For Adonai knows the track
of the righteous:
- but the track of the ungodly
This page is part of the Hypertext Bible Commentary - Amos , if you have reached it as a standalone
page, to view it in context, go to www.bible.gen.nz
© Tim Bulkeley, 1996-2005, Tim
Bulkeley. All rights reserved.